Friday, November 17, 2006

Feeding The Addiction

So, big news. Platinum-level news. I’m officially the #1 Road Warrior in the Universe. American Way says so. And, so do the 9,497 people who voted for me.

Being a points addict is a strange addiction to have. Accumulating points is a slow and steady process. As a Consultant, each week presents the opportunity to earn, on average, 3,000 airline miles, 10,000 hotel points, 2, 000 AMEX points and a move towards a free weekend from Avis. When you’re truly a points addict, you’ll do anything to stay an extra night in the hotel, take two connecting flights to your destination just to stick with your primary airline, or charge team dinner on your Amex card. Paying in cash is like paying with a donkey, 3 rocks and a yard of string. It’s way old school. Like the days on the shtetl.

Unlike other addictions, where one can go to say thesuperficial.com for celebrity gossip, Jimmy Choo for the latest stylish shoes with low heels or the candy aisle at Duane Reade for things that are long and red (Jammahs loves me the twizzlers), a points addiction doesn't give you the instant gratification. It takes time for your account to be updated and it's a few weeks before you can accumulate enough miles or points for a free flight or stay. Good thing that I am the GRAND PRIZE WINNER of the AMERICAN WAY CONTEST!! In one shot, I just earned 1million AA points and 2million Hilton points. YAY! That should feed the addiction for a while.

This amazing prize is the start of all great trips to blue water, sunshine, tax-free shopping and boys with rackets (and brothers of boys with rackets). I’m sure that I’ll be collecting a few more stamps in my passport and a bunch of magnets for my fridge. And maybe some pretty new bags and shoes. Don’t worry, I’ll be blogging, so you’ll be coming along on “My Life With Two Carry-Ons”. Correction..that is, "My Life With Two Carry-Ons and 1m AA miles and 2m Hilton points"!!!

THANK YOU FOR VOTING!!! I couldn’t have won the grand prize without your votes!!

Safe travels,
Jammahs

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Road Warrior Jammahs!!! This is so exciting!! I love when Jammahs wins contests!! Now, the only questions left are where to go first and who are you taking with you?

11/19/2006 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! All the places in the world to use those miles...you'll have to write your adventures! That is, if as a consultant you can get enough time to yourself to enjoy it :)

11/25/2006 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

American Singles Dating
American Singles Dating