Hangin' At RIC
Travel Day Thursday is such a bitch. Why does it always rain on Thursday night? According to my Mom, it’s been sunny and clear all week. Why does equipment always break on the plane? Or the Flight Attendants need a mandatory break? Why, why, why on Thursday night? Why when I can’t wait to get home? Why when I have the sniffles? Why when I have plans that I have been looking forward to all week?
There was heavy rain, wind and all sorts of nasty on the East Coast today and so Travel Day Thursday is slowly becoming Travel Night Thursday. My flight is delayed at least 3 hours (I know, it could be worse). I also broke free of the team room a tad on the early side, so add on another hour of wait time. I cancelled my dinner plans and now hope that I can make it home in time for the Mizu Man to deliver me some home cooked goodness. And, so here I am…sitting and blogging from Gate A7 at RIC. (Anyone else reading this from RIC? Come by and say hello…I’ll save you a twizzler & swap you my US for your In Touch).
The thing is, Jammahs isn’t the only one with the bad Travel Karma. All flights to the NE are delayed. The airport has becomes a temporary home, a staging area, a launching pad for Road Warriors and Travel Rookies (aren’t the astronauts always delayed on the space shuttle launch pad?). The airport is crowded and loud. All the Road Warriors have their laptops up and cell phones on. They try to look important. They hog the outlets (don’t worry, Jammahs has one). The Travel Rookies look a little panicked. They stock up on the magazines and candy. The Ladies is getting gross. Like really gross. The lines at Hudson news are out the door. Forget about the Starbucks line. There are strangers sitting next to each other without a seat in between. I have my bags blocking the seats next to me—the last thing that I need is a Talker discussing the flight delays and weather patterns.
Only a few more hours, days, weeks, months, years and I’ll be home. Safe travels.
There was heavy rain, wind and all sorts of nasty on the East Coast today and so Travel Day Thursday is slowly becoming Travel Night Thursday. My flight is delayed at least 3 hours (I know, it could be worse). I also broke free of the team room a tad on the early side, so add on another hour of wait time. I cancelled my dinner plans and now hope that I can make it home in time for the Mizu Man to deliver me some home cooked goodness. And, so here I am…sitting and blogging from Gate A7 at RIC. (Anyone else reading this from RIC? Come by and say hello…I’ll save you a twizzler & swap you my US for your In Touch).
The thing is, Jammahs isn’t the only one with the bad Travel Karma. All flights to the NE are delayed. The airport has becomes a temporary home, a staging area, a launching pad for Road Warriors and Travel Rookies (aren’t the astronauts always delayed on the space shuttle launch pad?). The airport is crowded and loud. All the Road Warriors have their laptops up and cell phones on. They try to look important. They hog the outlets (don’t worry, Jammahs has one). The Travel Rookies look a little panicked. They stock up on the magazines and candy. The Ladies is getting gross. Like really gross. The lines at Hudson news are out the door. Forget about the Starbucks line. There are strangers sitting next to each other without a seat in between. I have my bags blocking the seats next to me—the last thing that I need is a Talker discussing the flight delays and weather patterns.
Only a few more hours, days, weeks, months, years and I’ll be home. Safe travels.


2 Comments:
I feel your pain and to add onto the horrible delays there are tons of Holiday Travelers in the airports. Their kids are eating brownies and drinking soda getting all wound up and ready to kick your exit row window seat. Prepare yourself because they all fly in and out of NY non-stop from now until New Years. God Bless us all and give us the strength to make it to Spring Break travelers. OMG do I sound like a bitter traveler??
There needs to be more outlets in the terminals....I am getting tired of fighting for one in Phoenix.
Post a Comment
<< Home