Check-In
No, Jammahs isn’t writing about hotel check-in. I wanted to check-in with all my friends and fan(s) as I’ve been neglectful of MLWTCO because my actual NY-RIC LWTCO has been tough. Really tough. Ok, it’s generally just sucked. I have way too many things going wrong…here’s just a glimpse of the realities of MLWTCO, Richmond:
• Tiny plane (Thanks readers...took your advice. The front rows are much better)
• Major Turbulence on Tiny Plane
• Overweight and sick seat neighbors on Tiny Plane
• Impending Doom Sunday becoming Travel Day Sunday on Thanksgiving Weekend Travel Day Sunday (nightmare of all nightmares)
• Of the four Travel Day Thursdays, my flight has been delayed between 30 minutes to 3.5 hours. It has never once left on time. Delta, LGA, JFK, RIC, Mother Nature, Al Roker, what gives? Do you get tired on Thursdays and just give up? You got over the weekday hump so you start to slack? Get it together!
• Liquids were THROWN OUT (can't even write about that, still so bummed...RIP Keihl's Vanilla body lotion, B&B Tonic Spray and B&B Defrizz). And, I’ve been stopped by RIC TSA 3 of 4 times. They have major pride in their work.
• The hotel doesn’t offer hot water after 6:30am. Literally, no hot water. On Tuesday, I showered around 6:35 and it was ice cold. I was able to shower, but couldn’t manage to wash curly locks. I searched Briggs & Riley for a headband and luckily found one to make the unwashed hair somewhat manageable.
• And, forgetting about the water situation, I snoozed too many times on Wednesday, tried to shower at 6:50, and there was just NO water. Like a trickle. Little drops of cold water. I called the At Your Service hotline and they were well aware of the problem. I was told to come back in a few hours to shower (uh, not really an option) or to wake up before 6:15am. Thanks. Thanks so freakin’ much. Thanks for showing the love to the business travelers. Thanks for offering me a basic necessity. Thanks for making sure the top level, Platinum concierge floor has the best water pressure. What’s next, electrical power in shifts?
• No MTV. And, The Hills is really getting good.
• No Bravo. And, Project Runway is back on.
On the bright side, there’s a Target down the street from the hotel. And, all my favorite chain restaurants. And, multiple Starbucks, Rite-Aids and mani-pedi walk-in stores. And, RIC is a nice airport to kill a few hours in. And, I’ve been getting good rooms and good Avis cars. And, MLWTCO BFF/winner of the worst travel story ever is on the team. So, there are a lot of great things about RIC and the surrounding areas. Maybe I’m just getting all worked up and focusing on the negative…maybe all I need to do is cool off in a cold shower…
• Tiny plane (Thanks readers...took your advice. The front rows are much better)
• Major Turbulence on Tiny Plane
• Overweight and sick seat neighbors on Tiny Plane
• Impending Doom Sunday becoming Travel Day Sunday on Thanksgiving Weekend Travel Day Sunday (nightmare of all nightmares)
• Of the four Travel Day Thursdays, my flight has been delayed between 30 minutes to 3.5 hours. It has never once left on time. Delta, LGA, JFK, RIC, Mother Nature, Al Roker, what gives? Do you get tired on Thursdays and just give up? You got over the weekday hump so you start to slack? Get it together!
• Liquids were THROWN OUT (can't even write about that, still so bummed...RIP Keihl's Vanilla body lotion, B&B Tonic Spray and B&B Defrizz). And, I’ve been stopped by RIC TSA 3 of 4 times. They have major pride in their work.
• The hotel doesn’t offer hot water after 6:30am. Literally, no hot water. On Tuesday, I showered around 6:35 and it was ice cold. I was able to shower, but couldn’t manage to wash curly locks. I searched Briggs & Riley for a headband and luckily found one to make the unwashed hair somewhat manageable.
• And, forgetting about the water situation, I snoozed too many times on Wednesday, tried to shower at 6:50, and there was just NO water. Like a trickle. Little drops of cold water. I called the At Your Service hotline and they were well aware of the problem. I was told to come back in a few hours to shower (uh, not really an option) or to wake up before 6:15am. Thanks. Thanks so freakin’ much. Thanks for showing the love to the business travelers. Thanks for offering me a basic necessity. Thanks for making sure the top level, Platinum concierge floor has the best water pressure. What’s next, electrical power in shifts?
• No MTV. And, The Hills is really getting good.
• No Bravo. And, Project Runway is back on.
On the bright side, there’s a Target down the street from the hotel. And, all my favorite chain restaurants. And, multiple Starbucks, Rite-Aids and mani-pedi walk-in stores. And, RIC is a nice airport to kill a few hours in. And, I’ve been getting good rooms and good Avis cars. And, MLWTCO BFF/winner of the worst travel story ever is on the team. So, there are a lot of great things about RIC and the surrounding areas. Maybe I’m just getting all worked up and focusing on the negative…maybe all I need to do is cool off in a cold shower…


11 Comments:
Jammahs. I can't believe they threw out your LIQUIDS. Bb and Kiehls. It's CRIMINAL. I hope this RIC biz will be over soon enough!
OMG, that is awful! Is there not another hotel you could stay at? Decent bed and shower are the essentials of a hotel.
You have to give us the story on the liquids. Take a nice cold shower, calm down and document it. We have to know what to watch out for! That is something for travel rookies, not for YOU!
Gosh... Hope you managed to get tons of points from that waterless hotel.
Do tell the story about the liquids, inquiring minds want to know! And we don't want to lose OUR lotions and potions as well :)
Hmmm...waterless hotel? This was not a one day issue? What kind of hotel is this?!
Wow...that's just no fun AT ALL! This morning at CLT, the TSA told my business partner that his 4.0 oz toothpaste was oversized; but they let him keep it anyway!! The inconsistancy is more frustrating than anything.
Plz tell me that your not at the HGI on Glen Allen. I'm checking in Thurs night (and if they have cold showers, I may just change my reservation...)
Hi Ray, I'm in Glen Allen also, but down the street from the HGI. Hope that the HGI was better & you had a good trip to RIC. Isn't the airport so pretty and clean?
You know, the HGI wasn't bad at all; especially being able to stumble back from Capital Ale :)
RIC is so much better than it used to be. I hadn't been there in 2 years, and its much improved (even if I had a 2 hr delay today thx to weather at dfw!)
Hey Jammahs! Just noticed your photo that you added recently. Great photo!
Question for you since you are a professional woman with impeccable taste, and fair skin like moi...
When wearing a black suit (or other) do you wear skin colored hose? I'm so fair that it's almost like wearing the dreaded white nurse hose... only slightly darker! :)
Also, have you ever tried a lip stain? I'm thinking of venturing over to Sephora, thought you might have a suggestion!
It's Sunday night so I sure hope that Jam is all packed. Here's hoping for a good, non-windy travel day Monday!!
Hi Anonymous-
I definitely lean towards nude stockings. Although, I rarely wear skirts and stockings (too much of a risk of runs from the plane).
I'm partial to Stila gloss or Bobbi Brown w/ SPF 15. But, check out Fabulista's blog (Beauty Blogging Junkie--you can find the link on MLWTCO) for excellent tips on make up. Tell her that Jammahs sent you!
Geez......hate tiny planes, can't believe water situation.
The brightside is definitely getting an assignment with good travel buds. Makes all the difference.
Post a Comment
<< Home