MLWTCO Real-Time
Things have been a little busy for Jammahs. Even too busy to write. Gasp. Tear. Sigh. Yeah, I have a blog about My Life With Two Carry-Ons, but it turns out that when you actually have a Life With Two Carry-Ons and you’re not on a local project/living at home, the time that you would normally blog is now spent packing/unpacking, checking in/ checking out, Google mapping, sitting at 30,000 feet, Acela-ing, driving to the airport, driving from the airport, filling out expense reports, finding liquids that are under 3.11floz, calling Vital and giving them the same information twice a week.…
For better or for worse, MLWTCO is back in full effect. LGA, DCA, NYP, WAS, Avis, Marriott, Vital, Cinnabon--What up?
Yes, I’ve ditched the EZ Pass, the Long Island Expressway, the Turnpike, the scary trucks associated with both the LIE and the Turnpike, daily walks to the parking garage in the morning, the occasional thinking about how my sister will drop like $400 on Old Navy sweat pants and pjammahs bottoms, but won’t buy an iPod player for the car (is it because I was so persistent about getting the six CDs?), walking not driving to a Starbucks, multiple nights in my own bed, my stuffed animal, 280sqf of coziness in the East and West Wings, the ability to pause/FF/rewind TV shows, several brands of shampoo/conditioner in the shower, liquid soap and loofah, a clean shower curtain, the option of having dinner without a bread basket placed in front of you, having to make my bed, a Vital-free existence, Mani/pedi $25 specials on Monday-Wednesday, knowing that a stray hair is probably your own curly lock, Haru delivery zone, sirens, public transportation, clothing/shoe/jacket options, Murray’s, Equinox, my friends during the week, a dating life that isn’t put on hold for four days each week, not having to coordinate your dry cleaning schedule, plans on Thursday night without calling to say that your flight is delayed….but…
I’m gaining miles, points, five free iTunes song each week from renting from Avis, reunions with my DC Friends/Road Friends/Road Boyfriend, a chance to reconnect with my love Briggs & Riley, a new magnet from Maryland that says “I’m Crabby”, a business card on Flight #2 from DCA to LGA from a boy who works at Goldman—if only I could find it in my carry-on, multiple opportunities to be impressed with Vital’s service and timeliness on the last few car rides, a new Turnpike in Rockville, Housekeeping, an actual reason to listen to my calming Airplane playlist, the promise of rising above Silver status at Marriott, the promise of rising above Silver status on Delta, the chance to drive the craziest looking car in the world in bright purple(http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr), a hotel near Houston’s/Cheesecake Factory/Bloomingdale’s/Saks/NM/Whole Foods, that last day of school/first day of camp feeling each Travel Day Thursday when I leave work at 3pm, weekly weather reports from my trusty weather reporter, SQ, the chance to wonder if other Business Travelers recognize you from your red mock turtleneck picture, and, of course, many new thoughts about MLWTCO...
For better or for worse, MLWTCO is back in full effect. LGA, DCA, NYP, WAS, Avis, Marriott, Vital, Cinnabon--What up?
Yes, I’ve ditched the EZ Pass, the Long Island Expressway, the Turnpike, the scary trucks associated with both the LIE and the Turnpike, daily walks to the parking garage in the morning, the occasional thinking about how my sister will drop like $400 on Old Navy sweat pants and pjammahs bottoms, but won’t buy an iPod player for the car (is it because I was so persistent about getting the six CDs?), walking not driving to a Starbucks, multiple nights in my own bed, my stuffed animal, 280sqf of coziness in the East and West Wings, the ability to pause/FF/rewind TV shows, several brands of shampoo/conditioner in the shower, liquid soap and loofah, a clean shower curtain, the option of having dinner without a bread basket placed in front of you, having to make my bed, a Vital-free existence, Mani/pedi $25 specials on Monday-Wednesday, knowing that a stray hair is probably your own curly lock, Haru delivery zone, sirens, public transportation, clothing/shoe/jacket options, Murray’s, Equinox, my friends during the week, a dating life that isn’t put on hold for four days each week, not having to coordinate your dry cleaning schedule, plans on Thursday night without calling to say that your flight is delayed….but…
I’m gaining miles, points, five free iTunes song each week from renting from Avis, reunions with my DC Friends/Road Friends/Road Boyfriend, a chance to reconnect with my love Briggs & Riley, a new magnet from Maryland that says “I’m Crabby”, a business card on Flight #2 from DCA to LGA from a boy who works at Goldman—if only I could find it in my carry-on, multiple opportunities to be impressed with Vital’s service and timeliness on the last few car rides, a new Turnpike in Rockville, Housekeeping, an actual reason to listen to my calming Airplane playlist, the promise of rising above Silver status at Marriott, the promise of rising above Silver status on Delta, the chance to drive the craziest looking car in the world in bright purple(http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr), a hotel near Houston’s/Cheesecake Factory/Bloomingdale’s/Saks/NM/Whole Foods, that last day of school/first day of camp feeling each Travel Day Thursday when I leave work at 3pm, weekly weather reports from my trusty weather reporter, SQ, the chance to wonder if other Business Travelers recognize you from your red mock turtleneck picture, and, of course, many new thoughts about MLWTCO...


6 Comments:
Yes Jam, 6 CDs means no ipod playah for sabby....
Weather reporting is the highlight of my corporate day . . .
SQ
I could think of many worse places to be than Rockville. Last week (my first travel week of the year) saw me at ATL, ORD, and DCA. Imagine the fun of mid 70s in Alabama to snow flurries that night!
Is it twisted to say that I miss those 6 segment, 3 hotel, 2 rental car weeks?
Ray,
I'm sure that you're happy to be reunited with your carry-ons. You told me that you missed them.
As the reigning Road Warrior of the Universe, let me be the first to welcome you back & wish you safe travels!
-Jammahs
Oh my gosh, the HHR is dreadful. You have my sympathies....
I did not hate the HHR I recently rented in Maine. Lots of head room.
Post a Comment
<< Home