Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Magic of Hairspray and a Curling Iron


Hello faithful readers (SQ, Travel Rookie Sister, #3, Kets1, RIR, TP Girl Gang Members, John R, Bean, L Boogie, TQ, CC Dahling and Anonymous Comment Poster who asks about my interest in tennis...am I missing anyone? ) of MLWTCO,

Jammahs has some exciting news and pictures (things are getting super fancy around here) to share with you...


Road Warriors, check your front seat pocket for American Way (yeah, yeah, I'm sure that you already have read it on a flight delay this morning). Non Road Warriors, the edition is up online, so make sure to check that out. You can see the cover shot and the group shot and read a little article about how I complained about hiking. There's also mention of how my "blog home page" is the next best place to being at home. Yes, I really do love MLWTCO and hope that you have been enjoying it as well. If only I wasn't local. And, if only I'm not due for more beach time in about 2 weeks. Then I could really write about travel..and not from the comfort of my couch.

I had every intention of leaving my identity totally anonymous (ya know, for all those readers out there who don't know what I look like). But, I had to write about the American Way issue and figured that you would then double click on the link to the right and see me not exactly the way that I really am...and, that wouldn't be fair to the readers of MLWTCO, now would it??

The thing is, my hair isn't usually teased out that big. It's not teased at all. I haven't used hairspray since circa '96--when I still lived in Jersey. I usually roll out of bed after snoozing about 4 to 6 times, shower, throw on clothes from the suitcase, then walk out of the hotel with a wet pony tail and let the curly locks air dry (SQ, not in the winter). I'm not that into wearing colors and tend to avoid turtlenecks in the mock style. And, yeah, usually not a fan of ribbed clothing either. And, I definitely don't hike--except to the Murray Hill movie theater. The picture on MLWTCO shows the true Jammahs...a girl dressed in black, staring off into the distance of her studio apartment, perhaps thinking about how hair spray keeps hair so stiff or thinking up a game plan on how to "steal" about 30 American Way magazines off the plane...

It's funny, a lot of friends speculate that I would have stalkers, oh I mean new Road Boyfriends in multiple cities as a result of reading the magazine and seeing the pics. But, I have to ask, do you think boys are into blog girls with stiff hair and mock turtlenecks?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wet hair summer/winter doesn't matter. Mon dieu!

1/23/2007 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Jammahs, admit it--you asked if you could take home the red mock turtle neck, the white ribbed turtle neck (do I notice a pattern here), that snazzy zip up vest and those easy breezy hiking pants.

1/23/2007 7:50 PM  
Blogger Jammahs said...

I was able to buy the clothes at cost, but decided to pass...not much of a need for hiking clothes...except for the hike from the West Wing to the East Wing. However, Sherri of AW bought the hiking pants and shoes!

1/23/2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I enjoyed the read on my flight from New York so I had to come see what the fuss was all about.

There is comedic gold in your writing!!

Gratz on your win. I think. :o)

1/23/2007 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I missing more photos? I only see one red mock turtleneck... no white one, and no zip up vest?! Please do tell what I missed.

1/24/2007 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mock turtlenecks mean more is left to the imagination.

1/25/2007 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jammz,
Weren't you wearing that full outfit just the other night? JK but at least now you may find new RB's that are into that sorta thing.

BTW I'm just honored to get a shout out!

1/25/2007 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blind Item- what hong kong resident and potential mysterious tennis player has been reading jammahs blog?

1/29/2007 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

American Singles Dating
American Singles Dating