Monday, January 14, 2008

The Good Life

As Kanye says, “Welcome to the good life…it’s the life I lead. And, if you feelin’ me now, then put your hand up in the sky. And, let me hear you say, hey, hey, hey, ooooh. I’m good.”

Jammahs is not in “Atlanta, LA, Miami, NY, or summertime Chi”. Rather, I’m with my two carry-ons somewhere in New England. Connecticut didn’t make Kanye’s list. Shocking. Probably because it’s hard to rhyme and fit into the beat. Or, maybe because there's not much to do here besides underline books with a highlighter. But, reader(s) and fan(s), I’m leading the Good Life…sort of.

The hotel is really nice. Like Conrad-level nice. There are the basics necessities that I missed in Richmond: hot water & heat & honey mustard dressing on the room service menu. And, the hotel gym is amazing. It’s always empty, so I have my choice of 4 treadmills, 3 bikes, 3 ellipticals and all the free weights I can carry (although, 10lbs in each hand is my limit). And, to counteract my gym-based physical fitness activities, there are multiple chocolates on my bed at tie down. Yeah, there’s tie down. And, there is complimentary coffee and juice brought to your room every morning. Yeah, to your room. It’s not at some lounge that you get to via elevator. And, ABC Consulting, Tax & Audit is the “company of the month”, so I got a box of truffles, too (it’s like the hotel wants to fatten you up for the cold New England winters…I guess they think Uggs alone won’t cut it). Princess Jammahs has missed these lovely hotel amenities.

BUT…yeah, there’s always a but with MLWTCO. I’m not earning points. It KILLS me. Every night is a night away from home and a night that I am losing hotel points. And, without a status program, I’m in a sucky, sucky connecting room this week, so it’s basically like I am sharing a dorm room with a man who likes to watch SportsCenter and blow his nose. And, he has a message on his phone, so the alert keeps going off and so I can hear the beep like every few minutes. Worse than water torture.

I keep thinking that if I was at a chain hotel, I would have already called the Front Desk and used my Sister’s fail proof three-step approach to arguing. I would have a suite-size, corner room within ten minutes and an extra 5,000 points deposited in my account by mid-morning. I guess that I haven’t called, because what’s the point? When it doesn’t involve points, there is NO point.

I’ll just sit back and imagine that I’m in “Houston, Philly, DC, VA, or the Bay”…or the Good Life in Marriott, Hilton, Starwood or Hyatt.


*Update: Changed rooms around midnight (yawn)…and got a free buffet breakfast. A free breakfast? What will that do except bulk Jammahs up for a cold day?

8 Comments:

Blogger 10 lbs of awesome in a 5 lb bag said...

Sister’s fail proof three-step approach to arguing

Ok, what's the three-step approach?

1/15/2008 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must learn three step approach.

1/15/2008 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You simply must share the "Sister’s fail proof three-step approach to arguing".

I am moved to tears of laughter because all comments are saying the same thing.

1/15/2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jammahs. What is Sister's three step approach???

1/16/2008 9:12 AM  
Blogger Queen B said...

I will have to second/third/fourth/fifth it... what is the 3 step approach???

Too funny on the points issue. As great as points are, though, having great hotel services definitely makes up for most of the downside. Congrats!

1/16/2008 11:50 AM  
Blogger Kim Thomas said...

Not earning points kills me! When I go to Reno I stay at the Siena casino because there is no longer a Hilton in town. The Siena is really nice but as far as I'm concerned it's a wasted trip without earning Hilton Honors.

1/25/2008 7:38 PM  
Blogger Silenia said...

Ummm...what are the 3 steps to arguing!???!

2/03/2008 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back... we miss you

2/11/2008 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

American Singles Dating
American Singles Dating