Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eternal Sunshine of Jammahs' Spotless Mind

Now that Jammahs is living My Life Without Two Carry-Ons, I’m forgetting all the evil things from My Life With Two Carry-Ons. Jammahs only remembers the good. I have to reread the archives.

I need to be reminded of the black hairs in the shower, the stained towels, the intruders into the hotel room while wearing only my unmentionables, the constant packing and unpacking, the pressure to make a flight, the fried onion blossoms, the Vital car frustrations, the screaming babies, the connecting flights, waiting four days to watch my DVR, wheeling Briggs & Riley into the Ladies, and, of course, the three Ts: TSA, Turbulence and Travel Rookies.

I can only remember the positives like the calming view of Biscayne Bay from my zen room at the Conrad, the warm bread basket and swirled butter on a silver tray delivered right to my door, Marriott MegaBonus season, upgrades to First Class Window, the Westin Heavenly Bed and Shower, meeting boys in blue shirts on the plane, Housekeeping, in-flight celebrity spottings, on-time take-offs and landings, the excitement of the my weekly Avis car assignment, the cute Vital car driver, my Mom’s daily weather reports, my corporate AMEX…

I used to be have titles next to my name. Like, Jammahs Diamond VIP, Jammahs Platinum, Jammahs Silver Elite, Jammahs Gold. I used to be THE Road Warrior of AA. I would walk down the jet bridge knowing that I had more miles than anyone else. I was an AA superstar. I used to be at 30,000 feet. Now, I’m as high as the 2nd floor.

I only really long for MLWTCO on a bright sunny day when I know there wouldn’t be any turbulence or flight delays. I’ll look up and see a plane flying overhead and wonder where it is off to. It would be nice to shake up the ol’ desk job with a direct flight and a few night stays at a Marriott or Starwood. I’d like to get a few points and stays into the account. I guess once a Road Warrior, always a Road Warrior. At least that’s my mantra when I fear I am morphing into a Travel Rookie. Jammahs, the Travel Rookie. It just doesn’t sound right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jammahs Travel Rookie!! Ha! Ha ha!

4/28/2009 8:34 AM  
Blogger Queen B said...

haha. yes, the grass is always greener, huh?

If it makes you feel any better, I had to call AA the other day to try to get off of a full DFW->DCA flight and onto a half-empty DFW->IAD flight. They informed me of the $150 change fee... I hung up on them.

4/28/2009 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how things change, eh? weird.

4/29/2009 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

American Singles Dating
American Singles Dating